Wednesday, November 14, 2007

I kiss dating goodbye


Author: Joshua Harris
Title: I kiss Dating Goodbye.
Overall rating: 5 stars.

I am currently reading this book from Joshua Harris....that call i kiss dating goodbye.i came to know this book from Aby, she introduce the book to me..let c ya..hm,wat is the summary.

I was 21-years old when I wrote my story of giving up the dating game in order to focus on serving God. The hope behind it was that other singles would be helped by some of the lessons I was learning. Most people have an opinion about "that book about not dating." Some love it; others despise it. I'd encourage you not to assume you know what it says without having read it. Many readers who start out critics of I Kissed Dating Goodbye are surprised to learn that the core message of the book isn't about "dating," but living your life for God...By Josh Harris...

yes, I find it very interesting, it directly speak to my heart, we as a person must treat each other with love and dignity.I am not talking about love as in the worldly love...as girls and guys always taught that physical contact can actually satisfy each other needs but God actually say that we must preserve ourselves in purity and that the present must be open only when on the night of your wedding day.

God say that singleness is a gift from HIM. We must treasure this gift to draw closer to HIm.God uses this gift to polish ourselves so that we can whole heartedly serve HIM, and not be distracted with relationship. God know when is the right time for u to fall in love...

**REMEMBER- relationship and intimacy always come with commitment.when u r not ready for this commitment then u better not start one. Always ask yourself " R u ready to make Commitment with this guy?"

ok, i end here for today. c ya next time.update coming soon.

3 comments:

Lydia J Xavier said...

I like the book...its good...also, his next, Boy meets Girl.

Enjoy reading =)

lizze~ izea said...

yupe, i m going to continue...hahaha
no stop,
thumbs up for Josh Harris.
he write a very relevant and applicable books.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.